Next Trail Build Date:
July 17, 2021
Trail Build Day Details:
- 8:00am – PORCUPINE RIDGE TRAILS PARKING LOT
- All volunteers must sign in and out of the build day.
- Bring your own water and dress for the weather.
- Bug spray is recommended.
- Due to COVID-19, NO BBQ LUNCH will be provided. Please pack a lunch if you are wishing to stay into the afternoon. There will be a lunch break at approx 1:00pm, where you may choose to continue into the afternoon.
- While MORCA owns a number of tools and equipment, if you wish to bring your own, please do not hesitate. Leaf blowers, weed whackers, fiskars, etc. Proper safety attire is required.
- All volunteers operating a chainsaw MUST have their chainsaw license and be fully suited in chaps and safety headwear.
- Due to restrictions, we are only required to have groups of 10. We have split the trail crew in order to lead two groups leaving from different locations.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com.
Build Date History
In our first season, MORCA was established by a group of dedicated mountain bike enthusiasts. With grand ideas on how to improve the mountain biking scene in Muskoka, we set out to Bracebridge Resource Management Centre to begin our work on specifically designed trails for mountain biking. Porcupine Ridge trails were not accessible for the 2018 season, but are back in the roster for the 2019 season.
In our first season, we totalled over 600 volunteer hours, and completed more than 100% of the trails we had anticipated for the season.
We have monthly trail build and maintenance days, which are open to anyone willing to lend a hand! (Covid restrictions and volunteer numbers are currently limited.) Typically starting before the heat in the summer months, we kick off at 8:00am with a group meeting. With a list of tasks to complete for the day, we divide and conquer.