Next Trail Build Date:
October 16, 2021 –
**POSTPONED UNTIL OCTOBER 23**
Trail Build Day Details:
Saturday October 16, 2021 @ 8:00am NORTH LOT **Postponed until October 23**
BRMC (Bracebridge Resource Management Centre), Bracebridge
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
• Dress for the weather!
• Bring sufficient water for the day.
• BBQ Lunches are BACK! (This will be in the North Parking Lot – not the pavilion)
• Work gloves, safety glasses are recommended.
• Chainsaw license on site is required to operate a chainsaw
• Sign in/Sign out is required by all volunteers.
*Task List for this build will include approved changes to Winters Coming, maintenance on sections of Rational Goat & general maintenance throughout the trails, ie leaf blowing, pruning etc.*
- While MORCA owns a number of tools and equipment, if you wish to bring your own, please do not hesitate. Leaf blowers, weed whackers, fiskars, etc. Proper safety attire is required.
- All volunteers operating a chainsaw MUST have their chainsaw license and be fully suited in chaps and safety headwear.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to send us an email at email@example.com.
Build Date History
In our first season, MORCA was established by a group of dedicated mountain bike enthusiasts. With grand ideas on how to improve the mountain biking scene in Muskoka, we set out to Bracebridge Resource Management Centre to begin our work on specifically designed trails for mountain biking. Porcupine Ridge trails were not accessible for the 2018 season, but are back in the roster for the 2019 season.
In our first season, we totalled over 600 volunteer hours, and completed more than 100% of the trails we had anticipated for the season.
We have monthly trail build and maintenance days, which are open to anyone willing to lend a hand! (Covid restrictions and volunteer numbers are currently limited.) Typically starting before the heat in the summer months, we kick off at 8:00am with a group meeting. With a list of tasks to complete for the day, we divide and conquer.