Thank you to all of our members for your continued support and patience as the season approached. Mother natures decided that Muskoka needed some sufficient rain before she graced us with her sunshine this season. For those of you who have purchased your memberships already, thank you! If you are still looking to purchase, click here!
A few things to note as the season kicks off:
- BRMC is now “trail crew approved” for riding!
- BRMC North and South lots are now equipped with washroom facilities.
- Trail maps are visible at both North and South parking lots.
- We have been getting a lot of requests to help with the trails! Please email email@example.com to discuss.
- Trails are open as of May 1st, and parking is available on the other side of Golden Beach Rd in the gravel lots.
- Until Santa’s Village opens for the season, the gravel parking lot which connects directly to the trailhead remains roped off. This does not mean the trails are closed!
- New signage was installed last Fall for even better way-finding throughout the system.
- Group rides will not proceed until restrictions lift and guidelines allow us to do so.
- Please ride solo or ensure socially distancing on the trails to keep our trail systems open and thriving.
- Large build days are also on pause until restrictions lift and guidelines allow us to move forward.
- If you are interested in doing solo maintenance, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Frequent leaf blows keep our trails running smooth, and the more volunteers the merrier (while solo, of course).
- There are plans for a handful of trails to be built within the BRMC. While these trails are being built, we will keep them blocked off for use. It’s important for rider safety that they are not riding on unfinished trails.
- We are stoked to see such an influx in memberships this year. With the increase in membership purchases, we must note that all member benefits are on a first come first serve basis. Our generous sponsors have donated vouchers as an added benefit to your purchase, and we anticipate that we will have to start sending memberships out without all vouchers soon. (The pros and cons of an increase in memberships!)
- With this influx, we are also awaiting re-prints on our MORCA swag, and a fresh delivery of hang tags.
- All memberships placed on or before May 10th have been mailed. Those purchased after this date will see a delay in their mailouts as we wait for our additional packaging materials to be finished.
Trailforks & Trail Reporting
- We are thankful for the number of riders hitting the trails this season. With that, means that our trails are likely being ridden every single day. While our board members and volunteers might not be hitting the trails each day, we are looking for member assistance in notifying us when there are trees down or trails in need of maintenance.
- Trailforks App has a simple way of reporting, which notifies the club immediately.
- In the event you do not have trailforks, please message us via social media or email us at email@example.com and our trail crew will head in to remedy the problem!
- Keep your eyes peeled on social media every Saturday as we shout out our generous 2021 sponsors!