Interested in joining the MORCA crew at their next build day? Here’s a run down of what to expect on a typical build day!
- 8:00am – MORCA Trail Crew meet at the BRMC North Lot.
- Direction to the Pavilion >> Follow double track from north lot to pavilion. Parking is available next to pavilion, and along road towards pavilion. Please park with enough space to allow entry and exit of vehicles from the pavilion. Alternatively, please park in the North Lot and walk down to pavilion.
- All volunteers must sign in and out of the build day!
- Bring your own water (and lunch if necessary) and dress for the ever changing weather. Layers are recommended! We highly recommend work boots, but hiking shoes or running shoes will work in a pinch. We also recommend bringing your own work gloves!
- Due to COVID-19, NO BBQ LUNCH will be provided. Please pack a lunch if you are wishing to stay into the afternoon. There will be a lunch break at approx 1:00pm, where you may choose to continue into the afternoon. Work groups will report back to the pavilion for a break at this time. We hope that there is a time that we are able to offer this again!
- Trails Director, Scott, and the Trail Crew will complete a full list of maintenance duties to be completed throughout the BRMC trail network.
- Volunteers will be briefed by Scott before heading out onto the trails. Teams/crews will be divided to conquer.
- Volunteer duties to include but are not limited to: general maintenance, filling low spots, sprucing existing trails, addressing problem areas, leaf blowing trails, weed whacking trails, stump removal, branch trimming, scouting new trails, cutting new trails, etc.
- If you wish to use a chainsaw, you must come prepared with your chainsaw license and full equipment including chaps, eyewear, ear protection and helmet. Please notify a MORCA team member of this upon arrival.
- While MORCA owns a number of tools and equipment, if you wish to bring your own, do not hesitate! Leaf blowers, weed whackers, etc. Proper safety attire is required.
- All are welcome, there are plenty of jobs for everyone, whether experienced in build dates or not! Prepare to get your hands dirty.
- If you are only able to join us for a portion of the day, that’s no problem! Every set of hands helps. Please ensure you head back to the pavilion before leaving to SIGN OUT. This helps ensure that all of our volunteers have returned back to the pavilion.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.